DNA Testing Process In Kenya
DNA TESTING PROCESS IN NAIROBI, KENYA
DNA test recommended by officer at time of interview.
DNA lab selected by petitioner on AABB web page http://www.aabb.org (costs paid by U.S petitioner/parent). Lab does not have to be near your home. The lab will send kits to a qualified testing center.
DNA lab sends kit to Consular Nairobi.
Applicant will be scheduled an appointment for sample collection and informed of this via email from NairobiDNA@state.gov.
Once applicant receives appointment letter, applicant must then go to IOM office in Gigiri, Nairobi and pay the specimen collection fee (see below) before the DNA appointment day.
On the appointment day, applicant will provide the following items to the Embassy representative: 2 recent passport size photos (2" x 2"), official photo I.D., a copy of appointment letter and a receipt showing IOM has been paid. Applicants who do not bring all these documents will not be allowed to test.
DNA sample collected on appointment date and sent to the DNA lab for testing.
DNA lab finalizes test and sends results to the consular section.
The Immigration Visa or American Citizen Services section contact the applicants by email/phone and informs them when to return to the embassy.
For more information view the DNA Flow Chart (PDF 243 KB)
Payment of Specimen Collection Fee at IOM
Each applicant being tested is required to pay a specimen collection fee of USD $45.00 per person or the equivalent of USD $40.00 in Kenyan shillings (no Bank fees are charged if payment is made in KSH) at IOM United Nations Crescent off UN Avenue, Gigiri, Nairobi.
- Payments MUST be made BEFORE the scheduled appointment date to avoid unnecessary delays.
- Payment for DNA testing is done at IOM Clinic at 78 United Nations Crescent off UN Avenue, Gigiri, Nairobi.
- Contact Information: 254-020-272-0060 Extension 124 OR 254-020-272-0061 Extension 224 OR 254-020-272-3605 OR 0722-879-680 OR 0734-444-020 OR 0724-256-748
- DNA Testing will not be performed at the U.S. Embassy if the testing fee is not paid prior to your scheduled appointment.
- Please retain your payment receipt as the DNA Technician must see it on the day of your appointment.
All downloadable documents on this page are provided in PDF format. To view PDFs you must have a copy of Adobe Acrobat Reader. You may download a free version by clicking the link above.