Appointments, Office Hours and Location
The American Citizen Services (ACS) section of the U.S. Embassy maintains normal operating hours as listed below. Note that ACS is closed on the last Wednesday of every month and any Kenyan or American holiday.
Our office hours are:
- Monday through Thursday from 7:15am to 4:30pm
- Friday from 7:15am to 12:15pm.
Whenever visiting the Embassy, please bring your passport or other form of picture identification.
ACS offers the following regularly scheduled services. Please follow the appropriate link below to learn more about requirements for each service:
- Passport services other than adding pages.
- Adding visa pages to undamaged, valid U.S. passports.
- Reporting the birth abroad of a child of a U.S. citizen. Application for the child’s first passport and Social Security Number can also be submitted during this appointment type.
- Notarial services.
When requesting an appointment, please include the name and date of birth of the applicant, preferred email and phone number, and type of service you are requesting from the options above. If you wish to schedule an appointment with ACS regarding a matter that is not described above, please explain what type of service is desired.
All visitors seeking Consular services, including ACS, enter at the main Consular entrance located at the front of the Embassy compound off of UN Avenue. We are next to the Warwick Center directly opposite the U.N. Complex in Gigiri, Nairobi, Kenya.
Our postal address is:
United Nations Avenue Nairobi
P. O. Box 606 Village Market
00621 Nairobi, Kenya
For more information, please call + 254 (0) 20-363-6451 from outside of Kenya or 20-363-6451 within Kenya or you may contact ACS by email at email@example.com.