Other Services for U.S. Citizens in Kenya
American Citizen Services (ACS) unit provides a variety of emergency and non-emergency services to Americans in Kenya. We:
Issue passports (Renewal expired passports/Replacement lost, stolen and mutilated passports/Add visa pages)
Visit Americans in jail (assistance to U.S. Citizens who are incarcerated)
Assist families and friends following the death of a U.S. citizen loved one
Offer information on Marriages in Kenya
Can provide information on Tax
Check on the welfare of U.S. citizens in Kenya
- Provide routine notary services (by appointment only)
- Help you register to vote in U.S. elections (information on absentee voting)
Can provide information on how to obtain Federal benefits (Transfer of social security and other U.S. government benefits to beneficiaries residing abroad)
- Can provide you with information on safety and security in Kenya
- List of local doctors
- List of attorneys
- Information on travel advisories.
- Report Birth abroad (Registration of births and first passports for newborns)
- Selective Service Registration
Click on any of the categories to the left of this page for more
What Consular Officers CANNOT do:
Embassy Consular Officers are not permitted to give advice on the filing of income tax returns, other than to refer taxpayers to the appropriate Internal Revenue Service (IRS) forms and information pamphlets, many of which we have available here. Only IRS employees are authorized to provide guidance to individuals on tax matters.
- Provide tourism or commercial services.
- Perform the work of travel agencies, lawyers, information bureaus, banks or the police.
- Help find jobs, driving permits, act as interpreters, search for missing luggage, or settle disputes with hotel and businesses.
- Intercede with local authorities on behalf of Americans seeking visa exemptions and work permits.
If you are a U.S. Citizen with an emergency during business hours you can either call or e-mail:
- +254-(0) 20 363 6451
Emergencies After-hours emergency contact: (011) (254)-(20)-363-6170