Skip Global Navigation to Main Content
Skip Breadcrumb Navigation
Passport Replacement - Lost and Stolen

Do you need to replace your Lost or Stolen passport?

  • Complete Form DS-11.   Enter your information online and print Form DS-11 OR print out the blank form and then complete using black ink on one-sided pages.  Failure to provide information requested on this form, including your social security number, may result in significant processing delays and/or the denial of your application.   The form can also be obtained from American Citizen Services at the U.S. embassy.
  • Complete Form DS-64 Statement Regarding a Lost or Stolen Passport.  Complete and print those forms here(DS-64: Statement Regarding a Lost or Stolen Passport
  • Applicants should present documents that prove U.S. citizenship (birth certificate, naturalization certificate, old passports) and identity, such as driver’s license,
  • Bring one (1) identical photo 2x2 inches
  • Report the loss to the police.  Report the loss or theft of your passport to a police station close to where the loss took place.  You must bring this police report with you to the U.S. Embassy when you apply for your replacement passport.
  • The fee is $135 payable in dollars or the equivalent in Kenyan Shillings, USD or international credit card (VISA, MasterCard, Dinners, American Express, and Discover).
  • To submit the application schedule an appointment.  
  • Allow Approximately 10 working days for processing. Passports must be collected at the ACS section by the applicant or authorized representative. An appointment is not necessary to pick up your passport.